- La Bouche – You Won’t Forget Me (House Mix) (Version 1) (1997)
- La Bouche – Bolingo (Love Is in the Air) (Power Vision 08.02.1997)
- La Bouche – S.O.S. (ZDF-Fernsehgarten 02.08.1998)
- La Bouche – Fallin’ in Love (ZDF-Fernsehgarten 18.06.1995)
- La Bouche – A Moment Of Love (Radio House Mix) (Live on RSH-Gold, Germany, February 7th, 1998)
- La Bouche – Megamix (Sweet Dreams/Fallin’ in Love/Be my Lover/I Love To Love) (1996)
- Melanie Thornton – Sweet Dreams MashUp (Live at “Stars For Free” Concert) (Germany, Sept 8th, 2001)
- Melanie Thornton – Be My Lover (Live at “Stars For Free” Concert) (Germany, September 8th, 2001)
- Melanie Thornton – Makin’ Oooh Oooh (Talking about Love) (Live @ Interaktiv, Germany, 2001)
- Melanie Thornton – Heartbeat (Ballad & Dance Version) (Live on The Dome 18, Germany, 10.06.2001)
- Melanie Thornton – Love how you love me (Live @ Gemeinsam Gegen Terror Konzert, Berlin, 2001)
- Melanie Thornton – Back on my Feet again (Live @ Sound of Frankfurt, Germany, July 7th, 2001)
- Melanie Thornton – No Tears
- Melanie Thornton – Wonderful Dream (Holidays Are Coming) (Live @ B.TV Sternstunde, Nov 11th, 2001)
- La Bouche – Sweet Dreams (Die Mondschein-Show 10.09.1994)
- DJ BoBo & Melanie Thornton – Love of My Life
- Le Click & Melanie Thornton-My Love Will Last Forever
- Le Click & Melanie Thornton-Shining Star
- La Bouche – Sweet Dreams (Hola Mix 1994)
- La Bouche – Megamix (Sweet Dreams / Fallin in Love / Be my Lover / ILTL) + Bolingo (Live @ The Dome)
I created Talented Superfan as a platform to share my love for former lead singer of La Bouche, Melanie Thornton. She will always be a part of what I do because she inspires me with her beauty, stage presence and talent. We lost her way too soon in 2001 to a terrible plane crash just as she was beginning her solo career.
Below check out my favorite Melanie songs and performances with a special edition of the Talented: Top 20. Then you can read an interview I had with her former band mate Lane McCray of La Bouche. Find out what happens when a rising star of Latin music creates a song based on “Be My Lover” with Napkin‘s “Baila Conmigo“.
Talented Superfan interview with Lane McCray of La Bouche
Today we catch up with Lane McCray from La Bouche to get his thoughts on the beginning of La Bouche, working with Melanie and process.
Tell us about the day you first met Melanie. The first time I physically met Mel was at her house. I was covering for a guy in a band she sang with so I went to her house to meet and to rehearse.
What was it like the first time you heard her sing? I was like wow!
What was the first song you two sang together? Diamonds and Pearls by Prince
Hip House – Melanie thought you had the look for the group calling you the handsome and charming Air Force member. How did she ask you to join on her adventure of love? – She asked if I was interested and I said yes!
Air Force – Tell us about your service. What was it like singing in the air force group Tops in Blue? At the time La Bouche developed I had been in the USAF for 15 years… and Tops in Blue was a very important part of my process of learning and very disciplined.
Do you have any videos? There are some. Ideas out there on YouTube.
Producer Power – Tell us about Uli Brenner and Armir Saraf. What was the working relationship like? For me it was all new and so I took it all in. Amir really is a talented guy I kinda clicked with him and his style.
What was your and Melanie’s song writing process? That depended on if we got the track ahead of time, if we created the track or if it was already done so that varied.
What do you love most of Germany? What I still love about it are it’s people and the way of life here.
Tell us about the first tour of Italy. It was organized chaos we love and thank Italy for landing us on the map.
Sweet Dreams – What does this song mean to you? It means it’s sweet to live your dreams and I am so blessed to be able to do what I love as a living.
What do the fans mean to you? The fans are everything without them there is no us! Period.